Apart from the general documents, applicants for VISITING FAMILY OR FRIENDS need to submit the following documents

Applicants present in person the following documents and information in Hungarian, English and Vietnamese to the Embassy in Hanoi:

  1. Proof of financial means
  1. If the applicant is employed:

a, Original bank account statements proving your income in the last three months

b, The last three salary slips

c, Recent employer statement or recent contract

d, Approval for holidays

B,  If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:

a, Certificate of registration of the company

b, Statement of taxes payment

C,  If the applicant is retired:

Pension statements

Additionally, it is possible to proof your financial situation by credit card, property, savings account

  1. From sponsor:

A, An orginial invitation from the sponsor/host in Hungary legalised by The Office of Immigration and Nationality (BÁH), not older than three months

B, Copy of passport of the sponsor/host in Hungary. If the sponsor/host is foreigner, a copy of the residence permit is also required

C, Proof of financial means of the sponsor/host

If the sponsor/host is employed:

a, The last three salary slips

b, Recent employer statement or recent contract

If the sponsor/host is a company owner or self-employed:

a, Company extract register maximum 3 months old

b, Balance sheet and profit and loss account for the last two financial years

  1. If not staying with inviter: proof of lodging: hotel reservation, rental of holiday home.
  2. Copy of household registration record (*)
  3. Copy of Marriage Certificate or Divorce Certificate (if applicable) (*)
  4. Official documents substantiating the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor/host residing in Hungary (*)
  5. Return flight booking
  6. Proof of travel medical insurance covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen countries and covering expenses in connection with possible repatriation for medical reasons, urgency medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during your stay (min.coverage of 30.000 EUR)
  7. If the applicant is minor:
  • Travelling with one parent only, written consent of the other parent or guardian. In cases where the one accompanying parent has proven sole custody, this is not necessary (*)
  • Travelling without parent, written consent of the parents having custody of the applicant (*)
  • Birth certificate of the applicant (*)
  • Copies of the ID cards of the parents (*).

On picking up the passport and visa at the Embassy, a paid return ticket must be presented.

(*) Official documents marked with (*) must be recent (maximum 3 months old) and legalised by the competent local authority and translated (translation legalised) into English

Besides the abovementioned documents, you may be asked to provide further details